Honey!…We’re going to Oktoberfest! 3rd Annual Bärenjäger Cocktail Recipe Contest is ON
The competition has begun and the 3rd Annual National Bärenjäger Bartender Competition will once again send the winner of this cocktail recipe contest on an all-expense paid trip for two to Oktoberfest 2012 in Munich, Germany along with $1,000 in spending money.
The contest is open and qualifying recipes can be submitted until August 20, 2012 for the chance to be one of six selected semi-finalists who will then receive a trip to New York City on Monday September 10 to mix their ‘honey of a drink’. The winner will go to Munich in-style during the annual Oktoberfest event which officially begins on Saturday September 22 and continues through October 7, 2012.
Bärenjäger, is the classic and original German Honey Liqueur that dates back to the 15th Century has updated their package in time for Holiday season sales. The brand has seen great interest as a new generation of bartenders and mixologists have discovered the 225 grams of natural honey is an ideal sweetening agent, that has unlimited mixability.
Last year’s winner was Kyle Ford of New York City will defend his title against internet entries from around the United States (except Hawaii, Alaska, California, Texas, Washington and Tennessee) Ford won with his cocktail ‘SS Europa’
The judging will take place at a gala industry party on September 10th at the The Tippler that is tucked beneath the historic and iconic Chelsea Market at 425 West 15th Street in New York City.
The six finalists will also be entered to win the ‘Runner-up’ contest where guests at the party will judge their favorite cocktail with the chosen cocktail being awarded $1000 cash
Rules and Eligibility:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Cocktail entries must include at least 1/2 ounce Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur or Bärenjäger Honey & Bourbon as an ingredient.
- The cocktail must be able to be completed in 5 minutes, and only standard bar equipment will be allowed.
- Cocktails will be judged based on appearance, creativity, taste – including showcasing of Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur and/or Bärenjäger Honey & Bourbon and overall delivery.
- Each contestant can submit 1 cocktail recipe only.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Open to legal residents of the contiguous United States, excluding California, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.
- Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law.
- Entrants must use appropriate registration form and meet deadline of August 20, 2012 for judging.
- Finalists must be available September 10th for final competition/media event.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- See official rules below for full details.
Judging / Format:
Round One: All entries will be judged by our panel of esteemed industry tastemakers: Geoffrey Zakarian, a celebrated chef who has been behind some of New York City’s iconic restaurants and winner of the Food Network’s The Next Iron Chef; Dushan Zaric of Employees Only and Macao Trading Co.; Bridget Albert, Southern Wine & Spirits Regional Director of Mixology IL, KY and MN; Tad Carducci, award-winning mixologist, restaurateur and Tippling Brother; and Jeffrey Morgenthaler, award-winning bartender and bar manager at Clyde Common.
Round Two: 6 finalists will mix off at a private event at The Tippler for media and industry influencers on September 10th in New York City. The contest winner, chosen by the judges, will also receive the grand prize: an all-expense paid trip for two to Oktoberfest 2012 in Munich, Germany and $1,000. Additionally, all guests will be asked to cast their vote for best cocktail, and the audience favorite will take home a check for $1,000.
- The Grand Prize winning bartender will be awarded a trip for two to Munich, Germany for Oktoberfest 2012 and $1000.
- One Runner-Up prize of $1,000 will also be awarded to the audience favorite.